What is NLP?
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is an incredibly powerful discipline designed to enable people to gain greater clarity on the structures of human communication and human excellence. This in turn facilitates more effective thinking, communication, management of emotional states and ultimately powerful behavioural changes.
NLP explores the creation and management of internal representations of our external life experiences. It is these internal representations and the resultant meanings given to external life events that create our perception of life. All of our beliefs, values, emotional responses and behaviour are based on our perception of reality rather than reality itself. Our conscious mind simply does not have the capacity to process the huge amounts of sensory data that confront us every moment of every day. As a result our perception is created through a process which involves Deletions, Distortions and Generalizations.
Gaining a greater understanding of the workings of our mind allows us to make conscious changes that assist our unconscious mind in supporting our conscious goals and desires as opposed to restricting our freedom and sabotaging our dreams and desires.
NLP can assist you to:
- Be more successful by learning to manage your emotional and psychological states.
- Facilitate positive behavioural change.
- Improve your efficiency and effectiveness.
- Increase your awareness of your impact on others and how to manage your behaviour for optimal results.
- Have a better understanding of your own motivations, needs and behaviours and use these positively to have the greatest impact.
- Gain greater insights into your staff’s and customer’s needs, motivations and behaviours.
- Improve and enhance your interpersonal communication both in your business and your personal life.